Enjoy the many perks that come with the Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
As far as banks go, the Amalgamated Bank is a very popular one amongst the public because of their policies and beliefs. The bank was founded to serve the average American aspiring for the American dream and to this day, that is exactly what the bank does. The bank has always prized and upheld its values as its guiding principles. The principles are to work for the common good, value customers above all else, always uphold fairness and equity and doing their work with passion and zeal.
These four principles have taken the bank far since they are what make them popular amongst their customers. These values have made the bank incredibly progressive. Since they have vowed not to support any organization that does not believe in women’s equality and does not employ women. They also do not work with companies and organizations that discriminate among other things. The bank is dedicated to ensuring they are fair and equitable in all realms of their operations.
The Long History of the Amalgamated Bank
The bank was founded over 90 years ago in 1923 in New York. The founders of the bank were the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America. And because of the origin story of the bank, it was always been sympathetic and more accommodating to labor unions and other activist movements. In fact, one of the most popular examples of this is when the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People was protesting and a few members had been arrested. The remaining members needed money to post bail for their fellow protestors and the Amalgamated Bank stepped up and opened its doors on a Saturday just to help the association member’s access funds to post bail. Another similar example is when teachers in Philadelphia were protesting and the bank announced prior to the protest that they would keep operations running all weekend to ensure the teachers did not face any issues in terms of arranging finance.
Other than that the bank has also been part of several historic happenings. This includes the fact that they were the first bank to finance an affordable housing scheme. In 1957, the bank revealed it would be financing the Reservoir Housing Scheme in the Bronx which would provide locals with affordable housing options.
The many perks of having your own Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card:
There are a lot of perks of having your very own Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card. The main one being that the Amalgamated Bank is a great place to bank at. Here are some other reasons as well:
- You qualify for a 3% in cash back when you pay for your gas with your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
- When you use your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card at a grocery store you get 2% in cash back
- For other purchases which qualify, you can get 1% cash back
- When you purchase your first item with the Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card, you get $25
- You can manage your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card account online
- You get fraud protection with your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
- The card is powered by Visa so it is widely accepted all over the world!
You can sign up for your very own Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card online account with these few simple steps:
- The first thing you need to do is visit the following page: https://online1.elancard.com/oad/apply.personal.controller?method=star
- Add in the information the page requires from you including personal information, housing information and a few other details
- Read and sign off on the terms and conditions
- You can now submit your application and will be informed about its acceptance