The Amalgamated Bank has a very rich history. It was formed over 80 years ago by a labor union for a very basic reason; to provide a good service to the working class man. Ever since it opened its doors, the bank has been incredibly involved in social issues and always stands by the side of the working man. They have four basic principles which they have relied on since their inception. These values include the duty of the bank to support the common good, put their customers first, be dedicated to their work and always perform their duties with fairness and equity.
The bank’s basic values have always been important in shaping their operations and policies. The bank hence has a lot of customers ranging from private individuals to big non-governmental organizations. This rich client list is because of the bank’s favorable stances towards a positive future as well as the bank supporting several social and environmental causes.
The History of the Amalgamated Bank
The bank was founded in 1923, by the Clothing Workers of America. The bank opened the doors to its first branch in New York. The bank has since then been serving a myriad of people. A lot of the bank’s customers are labor union members, political activists and more. They tend to support a lot of labor unions and in fact go above and beyond in their duty to serve them. When the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People was carrying out their historical protests and some members of the association were arrested in the process, the bank opened its doors on a Saturday to help the association withdraw money and post for their peers’ bail. A similar scenario played out in 1973, when the bank kept operations running all weekend to make sure that teachers protesting in Philadelphia had access to financial services if need be.
Apart from their dedication to holding up their core values, the bank was the first bank to finance a housing scheme in America. The Reservoir Housing Cooperative was founded in the Bronx in 1957 and provided countless locals with affordable housing!
The many advantages of having your very own Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card:
The Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card is a very popular option amongst people because of the bank it’s associated with. The Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card has a lot of perks for card holders which are further outlined in detail below:
- With your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card, you can get 3% cash back on when you get gas
- You get 2% cash back on your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card when you pay with it at supermarkets
- You get 1% cash back for whenever you make a payment with your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card on eligible items
- When you make your first purchase with the Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card, you get $25 in cash back!
- You can have your own online account for your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card and manage your transactions online
- You get fraud protection with your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
- The Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card is powered by Visa which is an internationally known company hence the acceptability of this card is incredibly high
Here is how you can login to your own Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card in no time at all from your own home:
- The first thing you need to do is visit the following page: https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/login.do?theme=elan1&loc=24287
- The next thing you have to do is provide the page with your “Personal ID”
- Once you do that click on “Continue”
- You will now be asked for your password, once you provide the correct one you will be able to successfully login to your account
- If you have trouble recalling your login details click on “Forgot Your Personal ID?”