The Many Advantages of the Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
There are a lot of banks in America but only some have a history as rich as the Amalgamated Bank. The Amalgamated Bank is truly a bank for the American people. Ever since its inception, the bank has had one goal; to provide accessible financial assistance and services to the working man. The bank founded itself on the principles of supporting the working man. The bank has four values which are apparent through their everyday operations; the values are supporting the common good, working with passion, placing customers above everything else and doing their work upholding fairness and equity.
The bank has ensured that its social values have evolved over the years. This means they have adopted policies which are more relevant to today’s world. One example being that the bank has promised never to support an organization that denies climate change. The bank’s dedication to their values is what makes them a great place to bank and what also makes the Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card a great item to have in your wallet.
The Rich Backstory of the Amalgamated Bank
The bank has a richer history than most banks since it was started back in 1923. Over 90 years ago, the bank opened its doors in New York and ever since has been serving hordes of people. The bank has always been active in support labor union and union members thus a lot of their business has always come from labor unions and that is also partly the reason they are so accommodating to them. An example of their loyalty to labor unions can be seen from the following example. When the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People was protesting and a few of the association’s workers were arrested, the bank opened operations on a Saturday just so the other members of the association could have access to their funds and post bail for their fellow protesters. Another such incident took place in 1973 when the teachers in Philadelphia protested and the bank announced they would keep operations running all weekend long to ensure the teachers had whatever they needed in terms of financial services.
The bank has again and again shown that their core values are their guiding principles. This was evident again when in 1957, the bank became the first ever financial institution to finance an affordable housing scheme in the Bronx called Reservoir Housing Cooperative.
The many perks of having your own Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card:
There are a lot of perks of having your very own Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card. The main one being that the Amalgamated Bank is a great place to bank at. Here are some other reasons as well:
- You can get up to 3% in cash back when you pay for gas with your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
- When you pay for your groceries using the Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card, you can get 2% cash back
- When you pay for your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card and the expense is eligible, you can get 1% in cash back
- You get $25 back when you make your first payment with your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
- With your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card, you can have your own online account and manage it
- You do not get charged for unauthorized transactions via your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card
- The card is backed by Visa, which is globally known hence the card is widely accepted
The Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card online account can be activated through these simple steps:
- The first thing you need to do is visit the following page: https://www.myaccountaccess.com/onlineCard/publicEnrollUser.do
- Now you need to provide the page with your Amalgamated Bank Visa Cash Card information as well as some personal information
- Once this information is verified, you can set your “Personal ID” and “Password”
- Your account will then be activated