The Amalgamated Bank has a History of Good Service Which Includes Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card
Amalgamated Bank has been famous for one thing throughout the years; that they are the bank for the working man. Over the years, through their actions the Amalgamated Bank has earned a reputation for being incredibly socially conscious. Their four main core values also reflect their dedication to their customers and to their need to do the right thing. The four values are:
- To support the common good
- To always put the customer first
- To be passionately involved in their operations
- To always uphold principles of fairness and equity
These four guiding principles have served the bank well over the years and there have been countless instances where the bank has showcased that they truly believe in them as well. The customer experience take away is incredibly important for any bank and at the Amalgamated Bank, it is also a priority which is always well delivered upon. Amalgamated Bank’s dedication to their principles has made them popular amongst likeminded groups, a lot of whom are in their client list. The bank is the proud official banking option for countless non-profits, labor unions, socially responsible business, social activist organizations and more.
The History Behind the Amalgamated Bank
In 1923, the Amalgamated Clothing Workers of America founded the Amalgamated Bank in New York. Since then the bank has been working tirelessly for the people. In-line with core philosophy, the bank has always served a lot of labor unions and political activist groups. When the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People were protesting for rights, a lot of their members were arrested. The bank which was traditionally closed on Saturdays, opened its doors just to ensure that the people at the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People had money to post bail for their arrested peers. Similarly, in 1973, the bank kept working throughout the weekend to ensure teachers protesting in Philadelphia also had the same option if need be.
Other than their dedication to their customers, the bank is the first to finance a affordable housing scheme. The Amalgamated Bank financed the Reservoir Housing Cooperative in the Bronx in 1957, located in the Bronx. They subsequently financed a lot of other affordable housing developments as well.
The Perks of having an Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card
The Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card is a great addition to your wallet for multiple reasons. But the biggest reason is that the Amalgamated Bank is a great place to bank in. They are dedicated to their customers and ensure a good customer experience. Here are some direct benefits of the Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card which might make you want to get one right away:
- You do not need an impeccable credit history for the Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card
- The annual fee for the Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card is only $35
- You can have your very own online account for your Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card from which you can manage everything from
- A credit limit of up to $5000
- The APR is 21.99% which is lower than most cards in the market
- The Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card gives you extended warranty on products you purchase using it to pay
- With your Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card, you get rental collision coverage so you are covered!
To activate your Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card online account, you merely need to follow these few simple steps:
- The first step is to visit the following link to access the page where you will activate your account: https://www.amalgamatedbank.com/
- On the upper right hand corner, there is an option saying “Login”
- Click on this option and then there will be an option which says “Enroll in Online Banking”, click on this option
- Once you click this, you will be routed to a new page with more options. One of the options will again be “Enroll in Online Banking”, click this once again.
- A new window will pop open asking you about your account and card details
- Once you enter these details and submit them, you can set up your online account
- Set your “User ID” and Password
- Now you are all set to enjoy online banking with your Amalgamated Bank Secured Visa Card