The Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card is a great card for unions to have for members
The Amalgamated Bank of Chicago has been a pillar in its community for over a 100 years. The bank has been a well loved institution because of the principles they stand for. It began as by a labor’s union and to date does everything to serve current union members. Since its inception the bank has focused on building the community around it just as much as they have worked on making things better for their members. Their dedication to their community is why the bank has prospered over the years. One of their many efforts to better their community is that the bank has partnered with local organizations to help increase financial literacy amongst community members so they are better versed with how to read financial statements and more.
The bank not only has a long experience but has a wide experience in terms of the versatility of their customers. From labor unions, to individuals, to government entities to major private companies and more; the bank has experience in serving them all!
The Rich History of the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago
In 1922, the Amalgamated Clothing Workers Union founded the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago. The bank was founded to give union members a better access to financial services. The bank was an instant success. When the Great Depression hit America in the 1930’s, the bank did not suffer too badly because people still used their services. Then later on in the 1960’s, the bank started offering a wider variety of services including a night depository and automobile loans amongst other services.
Later on in 1989, the bank formed a Labor Council which advised them on policies and made sure everything was so that labor unions would have no issues with them. But it was in 2000 when the bank was sold off to a private entity and only 5% of it remained labor owned. However, the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago promised that they would still only implement labor union friendly policies. They have kept this promise up to this very day.
The many advantages of an Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card
The Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card opens you up to a ton of benefits which you might not be able to enjoy with another card. Since the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago was formed on the principals of keeping labor union members happy, they still work on these principals hence the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card is a great card to have:
- When you get the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card, there is no APR for the first year and after that the APR is at a low 10.25%
- When you spend your first $1000 in the first 90 days of having your Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card, you get 10,000 reward points
- There is no annual fee for the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card
- Every dollar spent using the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card, gives you one reward point
- Your Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card reward points do not expire
- If your Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card is misused and used with your authorization those transactions will not be charged to you
- Your union’s logo can be added to your Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card
Here is how you can activate your Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card:
- The first thing you have to do is visit the following link: https://goo.gl/d7NGmp
- Add your credit card number in the space provided then click on “Begin Enrollment”
- You will then be asked to provide further details regarding your account
- You can then choose a Username and Password for your Amalgamated Bank of Chicago Union Bank Card online account